Our Recent Posts
- The move from a poor neighborhood to an affluent one leads to higher rates of de...
- Mapping Collective Behavior Using Digital Data. All the data people generate onl...
- Addictive Drugs & Plants Messing with Our Minds. http://mentalfloss.com/article/...
- What a Cerebellum! On Elephant Brains. Great read on what we're learning about t...
- The Anthropology of “Robocop:” Finding New Audiences in Popular Media | Anthropoliteia: the anthropology of policing on Florida Governor: Anthropology Not Needed Here
- I am not my blob, Or It’s all chemical baby // some sketchy notes. | politics of the hap on The Research Domain Criteria of the NIMH and the RDoC Vision for Mental Health Research and Diagnosis
- HUMAN RIGHTS: A fight worth fighting for | Empowered Soul & Encouraging Words on Our Inner Voices
- daniel.lende on The Research Domain Criteria of the NIMH and the RDoC Vision for Mental Health Research and Diagnosis
- Bryan Taylor on Dozier School, Dead Boys, and Forensic Setting to Rights
Latest PLoG Posts
- Giant virus, contamination, Svante Pääbo and the Neanderthal Genome, and Sydney Brenner on funding and scientific publishing in Neuroanthropology
- PLOS Opens Roundup (March 7) in Neuroanthropology
- Forced to Flee: Humanitarian Disasters Leave Women at Higher Risk in Neuroanthropology
- No time for coats: Jupiter is outside. in Neuroanthropology
- Daylight savings time increases risk of heart attack. Here's what you can do to avoid one. in Neuroanthropology
- Shake Your Tail Bone! (and shape your skeleton, if you're a bird) in Neuroanthropology
Neuroanthropology. Sometimes it’s straight-up neuroscience, sometimes it’s all anthropology, most of the time it’s somewhere in the middle. Greg is the cultural guy, now interested in bio stuff. Daniel is the bio guy, now interested in cultural stuff. Or, to say it differently, Greg does capoiera, mixed martial arts, and rugby. Daniel does alcohol, drugs, and video games. Two very different styles of recreation.
- Plasma Cytokine Expression Is Associated with Cardiac Morbidity in Chagas Disease
- Populations at Risk for Severe or Complicated Avian Influenza H5N1: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Macrolide Therapy in Adults and Children with Non-Cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Quantifying Vocal Mimicry in the Greater Racket-Tailed Drongo: A Comparison of Automated Methods and Human Assessment
- Vectorial Capacity of Aedes aegypti: Effects of Temperature and Implications for Global Dengue Epidemic Potential