Speaking of Medicine provides a space for students to write about the new ideas and ways of approaching medicine and health. Isobel Braithwaite, a medicine and public health student, shared her thoughts on the Turning the World Upside Down online platform, launched in 2013.
- “Vaccine Hesitancy”: The PLOS Currents Collection
- Chlamydia trachomatis –Urgent need for an effective T cell vaccine to combat the silent epidemic of a stealth bacterial pathogen
- What Kills Little Kids?
- Book Review: What Cancer Teaches Us About Ourselves
- Translating Research into Practice Series: From Inaction to Advocacy: Placing Women and Children at the Center of Sustainable Development
- Translating Research into Practice Series: Emergency Obstetric Referral and Transport in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: the Direction of Travel
TopicsAfrica antimicrobial drugs antiretroviral treatment cardiovascular health child health china clinical trials developing world diarrhea environment ethics Ghostwriting global burden of disease global health guidelines health costs health information health policy health systems HIV HIV/AIDS influenza LMICs malaria maternal and perinatal health maternal health medical literature medical students Mental Health mortality MSF neglected tropical diseases open access pharmaceutical industry Policy public health reporting research ethics sanitation sub-saharan Africa systematic reviews tuberculosis vaccine water WHO