In this edition: music and mental illness, sexual seasons, and the menu for Mars.
* An adorable gopher lives beneath a rocket launch pad in Russia.
* The history of the theory that music can cause illness.
* Would you volunteer to stand directly below an exploding nuclear bomb? These guys did.
* ‘Tis the season–for sex.
* How to be a scientific fraud.
* Species named after famous people.
* “Is mental health a smoke screen for society’s ills?”
* A Spanish geneticist IDs missing children.
* Planning the menu for a Mars mission.
* Animals fossilized in the act of doing embarrassing things.
* Do animals get high?
* Another pressing question: Why do we wear pants?
The Small Wonders: August 21, 2012 by Wonderland, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.