First of all, many apologies for my recent silence here. But I have (I hope) a good excuse. My book, Frankenstein’s Cat: Cuddling Up to Biotech’s Brave New Beasts, just came out, and it’s been a whirlwind.
I promise to get back to real blogging soon. In the meantime, I thought I’d gather a bunch of my book-related information in one place. This isn’t everything–I’ve been doing oodles of radio interviews and podcasts, and there’ve been excerpts and reviews in more publications than I can keep track of–but I’ve tried to collect some of the highlights. I’ll continue to update this page as new links go live.
The Book: Read more about the book here.
Reviews: Read some reviews here.
Upcoming Events: See a list of upcoming events here.
- Scientific American published an excerpt from my animal prosthetics chapter.
- Salon published an excerpt from my animal cyborgs chapter
- So did The Observer.
- So did io9.
Interviews: I’ve been doing lots of interviews about the book. Here are a few highlights.
- Fresh Air, WHYY, NPR
- The Leonard Lopate Show, WNYC, NPR
- Only Human, National Geographic
- Science Talk, Scientific American: Part 1, Part 2
- Skeptically Speaking
- Virtually Speaking Science
- Science Weekly Podcast, The Guardian
- Lapham’s Quarterly Podcast