After a long hiatus, Small Wonders finally returns! In this week’s edition: marsupial genitalia, sharks with laser beams, and doggie MRIs.
* Carl Zimmer wrote a lovely essay on hands.
* Rad photo collages made from National Geographic and encyclopedia images.
* Kangaroos have three vaginas. Ed Yong explains.
* “The Killing Agency:” The Sacramento Bee‘s damning investigation of Wildlife Services, which has accidentally killed more than 50,000 animals since 2000.
* Time to don the nanotech clothes.
* Finally! Sharks with laser beams on their heads.
* Thomas Jefferson had an experimental garden.
* A breakthrough in imaging canine brains.
* Jennifer Frazer on a fascinating new theory on Kawasaki disease.