Just a quick programming note from my Solitary Sunday category: this year’s compilation of in-studio musical performances at KBCO-FM in Boulder, Colorado, will air and stream on the intertoobs at 9 am Mountain Standard Time this morning (11 am New York, 4 pm London, 2 am Mon in Adelaide).
Like many progressive stations, KBCO has been featuring live performances of touring performers – in this case, since 1988 when Melissa Etheridge came to Boulder. The station compiles the best performances of the year and sells a very limited number (about 7,500 when I lived there, 30,000 now) just before Christmas with proceeds going to a local charity – the Boulder County AIDS Project and the Food Bank of the Rockies this year.
As you might suspect, these CDs sell out very quickly – usually in hours – and have become quite the collector’s item. Do an eBay search for “KBCO Studio C” and you’ll see today that those form the first few years are going for $75-395 (USD).
Go to this page and click on the main radio station stream in red on the upper left. (Don’t use the Studio C channel for this live stream – the Studio C channel is a constant stream of all performances across the 22 years – that’s a good one to listen to any other time, like I’m doing while I write this post.)
Alternatively, you can listen on your Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, etc. if you have Clear Channel’s iheartradio app.
Here’s the playlist and details:
1. The Doobie Brothers – Nobody
2. One eskimO – Kandi
3. Jack Johnson – Better Together
4. Sarah McLachlan – Loving You Is Easy
5. Phoenix – 1901
6. Goo Goo Dolls – Home
7. Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs – Beg Steal Or Borrow
8. Broken Bells – The High Road
9. Corinne Bailey Rae – The Blackest Lily
10. Big Head Todd and the Monsters – Beautiful
11. Jay Farrar and Benjamin Gibbard – These Roads Don’t Move
12. O.A.R. – Shattered (Turn The Car Around)
13. Natalie Merchant – The Man In The Wilderness
14. Martin Sexton – Boom Sh-Boom
15. The Avett Brothers – I And Love And You
16. Alpha Rev – New Morning
17. Mary Chapin Carpenter – The Way I Feel
18. Jakob Dylan – Nothing But The Whole Wide World
19. John Hiatt and Lyle Lovett – thing Called Love
20. Moby – Pale Horses