PLOS Medicine’s Senior Research Editor Clare Garvey interviews Elaine Mardis and Marc Ladanyi, Guest Editors for our Special Issue on the Actionable Cancer Genome
Elaine Mardis is co-Director of the McDonnell Genome Institute and Robert E. and Louise F. Dunn Distinguished Professor of Medicine at Washington University.
Marc Ladanyi is Chief of Molecular Diagnostic Service and William J. Ruane Chaire in Molecular Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Listen above to hear Elaine and Marc discuss:
- Insights into novel approaches such as immunotherapies as well as acquired resistance.
- Clinical trials approaches in the cancer genome era
- Funding: The recent moonshot announcement versus traditional streams
- Timelines of recent advances and future areas of development
- Translating cancer genomics information into better and first line therapies for patients
Read the Call for Papers and submit your research by July 8!
Featured image: an osteosarcoma cell with DNA in blue, energy factories (mitochondria) in yellow, and actin filaments, part of the cellular skeleton, in purple. Image credit: Dylan Burnette and Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz, NCI.