Speaking of Medicine provides a space for students to write about the new ideas and ways of approaching medicine and health. Isobel Braithwaite, a medicine and public health student, shared her thoughts on the Turning the World Upside Down online platform, launched in 2013.
- Ebola has Taught us a Crucial Lesson about our Views of “Irrational” Health Behaviors
- The Price of Joining the ‘Middle Income Country’ Club: Reduced Access to Medical Innovation
- I’ve Got a (lot of) Little (check)lists
- Voluntary Male Circumcision as HIV Prevention in Africa
- The Truth about Standardized Packaging? Blow Some My Way
- “Pulling Back the Curtain” on Lethal Injection
TopicsAfrica antimicrobial drugs antiretroviral treatment cardiovascular health child health china clinical trials developing world diarrhea environment ethics Ghostwriting global burden of disease global health guidelines health costs health information health policy health systems HIV HIV/AIDS influenza LMICs malaria maternal and perinatal health maternal health medical literature medical students Mental Health mortality MSF neglected tropical diseases open access pharmaceutical industry Policy public health reporting research ethics sanitation sub-saharan Africa systematic reviews tuberculosis vaccine water WHO