As we wave goodbye to 2016, the PLOScast team wants to say thank you to all of the guests and fans of the show. With your support, we were able to produce 14 episodes and dive into important issues that affect scientists, early career researchers and the broader scientific publishing community.
The PLOScasts were wide ranging and covered diverse topics. Our guests introduced us to new tools for academics; explained how Open Research provides career opportunities for Early Career Researchers; and much much more.
With so many interesting conversations, we thought it would be good to share some PLOScast highlights from 2016. Though we’ve only listed five, we encourage you to listen to them all by checking out our Episode List.
Without further ado, here are highlights from 2016:
- Episode 8: How to Communicate Science: An interview featuring Matt Shipman
- Episode 9: The History of Scientific Publishing: An interview with Aileen Fyfe
- Episode 15: The Power of Preprints featuring James Fraser
- Episode 14: Understanding Altmetrics with Stacy Konkiel
- Episode 13: Fighting Link Rot: An interview featuring Geoff Bilder
Thank you again for an exciting year. We look forward sharing more episodes with you in 2017.
Happy New Year!
Image Credit: Thank you !! by Takashi .M via Flickr