The Official PLOS Blog
The Official PLOS Blog covers PLOS initiatives that address our core principles:
- Published research should be freely available to everyone
- Properly executed science deserves publication
- Data supporting conclusions should be accessible:
- Work is best judged on its own merit
- Forward-looking solutions must serve author needs
- The future is an investment for the public good
PLOS (Public Library of Science) is a nonprofit Open Access publisher, innovator and advocacy organization dedicated to accelerating progress in science and medicine by leading a transformation in research communication. The PLOS suite of journals contain rigorously peer-reviewed Open Access research articles from all areas of science and medicine, together with expert commentary and analysis. In addition to journals, the organization advances innovations in scientific communication through Collections, Communities and The PLOS Blog Network.
We look forward to engaging with the broad scientific community through comments on articles and blogs.
Image Credit: Mark J. Dayel. PLoS Biology. 2009. 7(9).