Have a great idea for a scientific app but lack the coding skills to develop it? We’d like to hear it!
Submit your app idea by August 10th (12pm PDT) and we’ll present it to the developer community, who have the skills to make your dream app a reality. Ten (10) randomly selected winners will receive a PLoS t-shirt (Terms and Conditions apply).
Apps will be created by mining PLoS and Mendeley APIs and will have the potential to make your life easier and science more open. Here are just a few of the possibilities:
- Mine PLoS articles for statistically relevant words or phrases using the Solr API
- See how many people are reading your papers and how you compare to other researchers on Mendeley with ReaderMeter
- Determine the top papers read by researchers in particular subject areas in both Mendeley and the PLoS journal family
How To Submit Your App Idea:
- Complete the form at the Binary Battle App Idea Submission site [UPDATE: Now closed!] OR
- Tweet your idea with the hashtag “#binarybattle” OR
- Leave a comment on this blog post with your idea and an email address
If you’re a developer, you may wish to enter your completed app into the Binary Battle by September 30th, 2011.
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.