We usually use this blog to discuss research that has already happened, but today I wanted to let people know about a small study that I am currently overseeing, which may be of interest for our readers in the Ottawa area. If you know any kids aged 10-17 years who might be interested, please contact me at the email address below and I can send along the full study details.
Pedometer Validation Study
An exciting opportunity to participate in research at CHEO!
What is the study about?
- This study is examining the performance of a new pedometer that measures steps and exercise intensity
- The study will include participants between the ages of 10 and 17 years
What is expected of participants?
- Participants will need to visit CHEO on 1 occasion, which will last about 2 hours
- The visit will include walking and running on a treadmill at various speeds, while we measure your exercise intensity and the number of steps you take at each speed
What will you receive for participating?
- You will receive complimentary parking at CHEO during each visit, and will also receive $25 in compensation for your time
*This research project has received approval from the CHEO Research Ethics Board. If you have any questions about the research you may contact the CHEO Research Ethics Board office at 613-737-7600 ext 3272 or the study Principal Investigator, Dr. Mark Tremblay at 613-737-7600 ext 4114.*
If interested in participating please contact Travis Saunders at tsaunders(at)cheo (dot)on(dot)ca or 613 737 7600 Ext 4191.