While we regularly post lengthy discussions on Obesity Panacea, there are many research updates, news stories, videos, etc. in the field of obesity, physical activity and nutrition that we come across on a daily basis that never grace the pages of the blog. Most of these mini-stories we share with our followers on Twitter, and we encourage those of you with active Twitter accounts to communicate with us there to get real-time updates of all the stuff we are discussing (Follow Peter and/or Follow Travis). For those of you who shy away from Twitter, enjoy below the best mini-stories that we came across during the prior week along with links to the original source so that you can follow the full story.
- More research on the link between sleep and childhood obesity (GoLocalProv)
- Exercise and weight loss <== my recent video chat with Darya Pino on exercise, sedentary behaviour and NEAT (Summer Tomato)
- Blind runners to compete in Ottawa race weekend (CBC)
- Why is it hard to maintain a reduced body weight? (Dr Sharma)
- The “How” of obesity – laziness vs complexity (Weighty Matters)
- Videos of the major talks at the Canadian National Obesity Summit are now online! You can view them all here.
- Another interesting interview in the Get To Know A ScienceBlogger series, this time with journalist Dirk Hanson (Science of Blogging)
- 3 tools that allow you to share scientific content you have already created (Science of Blogging)
Enjoy the long weekend!