While we regularly post lengthy discussions on Obesity Panacea, there are many research updates, news stories, videos, etc. in the field of obesity, physical activity and nutrition that we come across on a daily basis that never grace the pages of the blog. Most of these mini-stories we share with our followers on Twitter, and we encourage those of you with active Twitter accounts to communicate with us there to get real-time updates of all the stuff we are discussing (Follow Peter and/or Follow Travis). For those of you who shy away from Twitter, enjoy below the best mini-stories that we came across during the prior week along with links to the original source so that you can follow the full story.
- A new consensus paper on dietary fats and cardiovascular disease (Nutritional Blogma)
- Weekends matter when it comes to weight management (Weighty Matters)
- How effective is lifestyle management of obesity? (Dr Sharma)
- Battle of the bike lanes – first in NYC, now in Ottawa-Gatineau? (Verdant Nation)
- We have started a new series on Science of Blogging asking science bloggers about their experiences (both positive and negative) promoting science online. This week we kicked off the series by interviewing Dr Patrice Brassard, a physiologist at Universite Laval, and followed that up with our fellow PLoGster Dr Daniel Lende. Check back in the following weeks for more tips and anecdotes from some of our favourite science bloggers.
Those are the posts that caught our eyes this week. Have a great weekend!