While we regularly post lengthy discussions on Obesity Panacea, there are many research updates, news stories, videos, etc. in the field of obesity, physical activity and nutrition that we come across on a daily basis that never grace the pages of the blog. Most of these mini-stories we share with our followers on Twitter, and we encourage those of you with active Twitter accounts to communicate with us there to get real-time updates of all the stuff we are discussing (Follow Peter and/or Follow Travis). For those of you who shy away from Twitter, enjoy below the best mini-stories that we came across during the prior week along with links to the original source so that you can follow the full story.
- Overweight kids are more sensitive to the obesogenic environment (Dr Sharma)
- Oral contraceptives and weight gain: data and anecdotes (Neurotic Physiology)
- “Terrorists” kidnap Ronald McDonald in Helsinki (Yahoo!)
- Distraction during eating reduces fullness and increases subsequent consumption (Nutritional Blogma)
- Finally, congratulations to Scott Gavura on the 2-year anniversary of Science Based Pharmacy! (Science Based Pharmacy)
Have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful winter weather!