While we regularly post lengthy discussions on Obesity Panacea, there are many research updates, news stories, videos, etc. in the field of obesity, physical activity and nutrition that we come across on a daily basis that never grace the pages of the blog. Most of these mini-stories we share with our followers on Twitter, and we encourage those of you with active Twitter accounts to communicate with us there to get real-time updates of all the stuff we are discussing (Follow Peter and/or Follow Travis). For those of you who shy away from Twitter, enjoy below the best mini-stories that we came across during the prior week along with links to the original source so that you can follow the full story.
- Primary prevention for obesity has failed, what next? (Dr. Sharma’s Obesity Notes)
- How to decipher egg labels (Fooducate Blog)
- Canadian kids see more tv junk food ads than kids in 10 other countries including the U.S. (Edmonton Journal)
- Interval training is better for fitness than long but slow runs; but worse at lowering body fat & cholesterol (Sweat Science)
- Evidence for paternal programming from obesity? (Nutritional Blogma)
Have a wonderful weekend!