While we regularly post lengthy discussions on Obesity Panacea, there are many research updates, news stories, videos, etc. in the field of obesity, physical activity and nutrition that we come across on a daily basis that never grace the pages of the blog. Most of these mini-stories we share with our followers on Twitter, and we encourage those of you with active Twitter accounts to communicate with us there to get real-time updates of all the stuff we are discussing (Follow Peter and/or Follow Travis). For those of you who shy away from Twitter, enjoy below the best mini-stories that we came across during the prior week along with links to the original source so that you can follow the full story.
- Not breast-feeding increases mothers’ risk for type 2 diabetes (Scientific American)
- The Big Fat Bariatric Bangwagon (Diabetologia editorial)
- Coming Soon: Theaters, Airplanes to Post Calories (Wall Street Journal)
- In the UK, use of weight-loss surgery has increased 10-fold since 2000 (BMJ)
- Is your allergy medication making you overweight? So suggests a new study. (Obesity)
- There is more to the story than cholesterol and triglycerides. The complex lipidome quantified. (Nutritional Blogma)
- Diabetes and the heart: More questions than answers. (Dr. Sharma’s Obesity Notes)
Have a great weekend,
This Week’s Top Stories (August 28 – September 4, 2010) by Obesity Panacea, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.