Our Recent Posts
- Absolutely stunning long piece by Ron Suskind, from his forthcoming book, Life,...
- New post at PLOS Neuroanthropology on the sense of smell and the case of a clust...
- Inna Gaisler-Salomon writes on her research to study effects of stress on the of...
- Marijuana Munchies & Hamburger Craving - The Link from Endocannibinoids to Smell...
- Barbara Ritchie on Giving names to aromas in Aslian languages
- The Anthropology of “Robocop:” Finding New Audiences in Popular Media | Anthropoliteia: the anthropology of policing on Florida Governor: Anthropology Not Needed Here
- I am not my blob, Or It’s all chemical baby // some sketchy notes. | politics of the hap on The Research Domain Criteria of the NIMH and the RDoC Vision for Mental Health Research and Diagnosis
- HUMAN RIGHTS: A fight worth fighting for | Empowered Soul & Encouraging Words on Our Inner Voices
- daniel.lende on The Research Domain Criteria of the NIMH and the RDoC Vision for Mental Health Research and Diagnosis
Latest PLoG Posts
- Best Practice in Enabling Content Mining in Neuroanthropology
- Giving names to aromas in Aslian languages in Neuroanthropology
- PLOS’ New Data Policy: Part Two in Neuroanthropology
- The Science of Snakeskin: Black Velvety Viper Scales May be Self-Cleaning in Neuroanthropology
- Giant virus, contamination, Svante Pääbo and the Neanderthal Genome, and Sydney Brenner on funding and scientific publishing in Neuroanthropology
- PLOS Opens Roundup (March 7) in Neuroanthropology
Neuroanthropology. Sometimes it’s straight-up neuroscience, sometimes it’s all anthropology, most of the time it’s somewhere in the middle. Greg is the cultural guy, now interested in bio stuff. Daniel is the bio guy, now interested in cultural stuff. Or, to say it differently, Greg does capoiera, mixed martial arts, and rugby. Daniel does alcohol, drugs, and video games. Two very different styles of recreation.
- HIV-1 Subtypes B and C Unique Recombinant Forms (URFs) and Transmitted Drug Resistance Identified in the Western Cape Province, South Africa
- Countering Countermeasures: Detecting Identity Lies by Detecting Conscious Breakthrough
- Criminal Victimisation in People with Severe Mental Illness: A Multi-Site Prevalence and Incidence Survey in the Netherlands
- Education Modifies the Association of Wealth with Obesity in Women in Middle-Income but Not Low-Income Countries: An Interaction Study Using Seven National Datasets, 2005-2010
- Design Rules for Selective Binding of Nuclear Localization Signals to Minor Site of Importin α