Our Recent Posts
- Addressing the Real Humanities Crisis. Great piece by philosopher Gary Gutting....
- Oxytocin Gaining Traction as Medicine. New research on nasally ingested oxytocin...
- The Selfish Gene Is Dead. Science writer David Dobbs on "why it is time to lay t...
- Mind Hacks on Nikolas Rose' new book Neuro. http://mindhacks.com/2013/11/30/neur...
- The Affliction Series: an Interview with Ethnographic Filmmaker Robert Lemelson | Psycho Cultural Cinema on Not allowed to have a small heart: Tourette Syndrome
- Social Position Drives Gene Regulation of the I... on Social Position Drives Gene Regulation of the Immune System
- B Berry on Dozier School, Dead Boys, and Forensic Setting to Rights
- Improbable Research » Blog Archive on Lisa Barrett: Facing Down Ekman’s Universal Emotions
- BRAIN, CONSCIOUSNESS, AND EXPERIENCE | The Anthropology of Consciousness on About Neuroanthropology
Latest PLoG Posts
- Katie Couric promotes dangerous fear mongering with show on the HPV vaccine. in Neuroanthropology
- James Hansen and Colleagues Offer Evidence for a Disruptive Call to Action in Neuroanthropology
- This Week in PLOS Medicine: Insufficient Antimalarial Dosing in Children, Completeness of Trial Reporting, and Increases in Journal Retractions in Neuroanthropology
- Creative Commons for Science: Interview with Puneet Kishor in Neuroanthropology
- Q&A with James Hansen in Neuroanthropology
- Dangerous Climate Change, Reconsidered in Neuroanthropology
Neuroanthropology. Sometimes it’s straight-up neuroscience, sometimes it’s all anthropology, most of the time it’s somewhere in the middle. Greg is the cultural guy, now interested in bio stuff. Daniel is the bio guy, now interested in cultural stuff. Or, to say it differently, Greg does capoiera, mixed martial arts, and rugby. Daniel does alcohol, drugs, and video games. Two very different styles of recreation.
- Post-Mastectomy Radiotherapy for Breast Cancer Patients with T1-T2 and 1-3 Positive Lymph Nodes: a Meta-Analysis
- “Candidatus Similichlamydia laticola”, a Novel Chlamydia-like Agent of epitheliocystis in Seven Consecutive Cohorts of Farmed Australian Barramundi, Lates calcarifer (Bloch)
- Activity in a Premotor Cortical Nucleus of Zebra Finches Is Locally Organized and Exhibits Auditory Selectivity in Neurons but Not in Glia
- The Genetic Basis of a Rare Flower Color Polymorphism in Mimulus lewisii Provides Insight into the Repeatability of Evolution
- Seasonal Variations in the Diet and Foraging Behaviour of Dunlins Calidris alpina in a South European Estuary: Improved Feeding Conditions for Northward Migrants