- NCDFREE in the media: "Bootcamp for health advocacy change makers" July 14, 2014NCDFREE in the media: "Bootcamp for health advocacy change makers"
- Photo July 11, 2014
- "The fact that NCDs have overtaken infectious diseases as the world’s leading cause of morbidity and..." July 11, 2014“The fact that NCDs have overtaken infectious diseases as the world’s leading cause of morbidity and mortality has profound consequences. This is a seismic shift that calls for sweeping changes in the very mindset of public health.” - DG Chan, WHO
- Video July 8, 2014
- Photo July 7, 2014
- "I am driven by different metrics. We must look beyond the fiscal, to the fulfilling, the fair. Then,..." July 3, 2014““I am driven by different metrics. We must look beyond the fiscal, to the fulfilling, the fair. Then, and only then, will we realise transformative change.””
- Video July 3, 2014
- Photo July 3, 2014
- "Knowledge is power. Knowledge will bring transformative change." July 2, 2014“Knowledge is power. Knowledge will bring transformative change.”
- Non-Communicable Diseases Explained June 28, 2014Non-Communicable Diseases Explained
- Video June 28, 2014
- "Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions." June 28, 2014“Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.”
- Video June 17, 2014
- "The moment we begin to think only of ourselves, will spell the beginning of the end for humanity." June 17, 2014“The moment we begin to think only of ourselves, will spell the beginning of the end for humanity.”
- My latest lecture on NCDs - using the IHME’s Global Burden... May 29, 2014My latest lecture on NCDs - using the IHME’s Global Burden of Disease resources.
- "We become what we eat, and so does Earth" May 29, 2014“We become what we eat, and so does Earth” - Prof Johan Rockstrom
- Behavioural economics for global health - with Prof Brian... May 29, 2014Behavioural economics for global health - with Prof Brian Wansink of Cornell.
- NCDFREE Bootcamp #1, Melbourne, Australia May 14, 2014NCDFREE Bootcamp #1, Melbourne, Australia
- Lima, Peru May 14, 2014Lima, Peru
- "Consider it as an asteroid, on course for earth.
Yet we dither. Wait.
How do we communicate the..." May 14, 2014“Consider it as an asteroid, on course for earth. Yet we dither. Wait. How do we communicate the gravity of Climate Change?” […]
- NCDFREE in the media: "Bootcamp for health advocacy change makers" July 14, 2014
What is Translational Global Health?
Translational Global Health facilitates the translation of findings from basic science to practical applications in Global Health practice and, thus, meaningful health outcomes for diverse populations and societies.
Translational Global Health is an independent blog on the PLOS BLOGS Network, focusing on the field, concepts and challenges of Global Health. Dr Alessandro Demaio and his team of regular guest bloggers bring honest, pragmatic discussion – with a special interest in Non-Communicable Disease and Global Health 2.0.
About the Bloggers
Lead Blogger Dr Alessandro Demaio is an Australian Medical Doctor with a Masters in Public Health and a PhD in Global Health. Since 2013, Sandro has been a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Harvard Global Equity Initiative, Harvard Medical School and an Assistant Professor at the Copenhagen School of Global Health. He is also Co-Founder of NCDFREE.
Sandro is joined by a sensational team of Guest Bloggers from around the globe.
Global Health & Classical Music, Imperial College London
Research Fellow, Harvard University
Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Dr Duncan Matheka
Medical Doctor & Health Advocate
Dr Fred Hersch
MD & Research Fellow, The George Institute for Global Health
Dr Fiona Lander
Lawyer & MD
Health Economist, PricewaterhouseCoopers London
Dr Jenny Jamieson
MD & Humanitarian Specialist, Médecins Sans Frontières
Dr Jeremy Schwartz
MD at Yale School of Medicine; Yale Equity Research and Innovation Center
Policy Specialist, World Health Organization (Euro)
Dr Kremlin Wickramasinghe
Medical Doctor & Researcher in NCD Epidemiology, University of Oxford
Global Health and Economics, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the London School of Economics
Director of Global Health Communications, American Cancer Society
Global Health and Nutrition Researcher, Menzies Centre for Health Policy, University of Sydney
Nutritionist & Coordinator, Eminence Bangladesh
Dr Sundeep Kishore, PhD
Chair, Advisory Council, Young Professionals Chronic Disease Network
Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health and Harvard Global Equity Initiative; World Bank Consultant.