- Photo April 24, 2015
- What a team - just some of the faces at our #NCDFREE Long Lunch... April 21, 2015What a team - just some of the faces at our #NCDFREE Long Lunch launch this weekend… #melbourne #food #bigideas (at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre)
- Outbound to Brisvegas… Look forward to meeting the crew... April 21, 2015Outbound to Brisvegas… Look forward to meeting the crew at UQ today! #headingnorth #kangaflight #thisisaustralia #jet #flight #flying (at Melbourne Aiport: QANTAS Domestic: Cityflyer Terminal)
- Photo April 11, 2015
- Copayment or not, why we all must continue to fight for our frontliners April 10, 2015Copayment or not, why we all must continue to fight for our frontliners: Why is it that we should and must be so protective of our primary care system? Is there a bigger lesson to learn from all this?
- Photo April 10, 2015
- Let’s talk prevention… April 10, 2015Let’s talk prevention…
- A taste of our recent Sydney bootcamp in Sydney,... April 10, 2015A taste of our recent Sydney bootcamp in Sydney, Australia…
- Happy World Health Day from Sandro and the NCDFREE team April 10, 2015Happy World Health Day from Sandro and the NCDFREE team
- Latest short film from NCDFREE… March 22, 2015Latest short film from NCDFREE…
- Photo March 3, 2015
- Video February 26, 2015
- 13 simple ways to reduce your cancer risk February 10, 201513 simple ways to reduce your cancer risk
- Video January 29, 2015
- Photo January 20, 2015
- Video January 7, 2015
- 6 New Year's Resolutions for Your Body and Your Planet. January 7, 20156 New Year's Resolutions for Your Body and Your Planet.
- Merry Christmas from NCDFREE! December 29, 2014Merry Christmas from NCDFREE!
- A tax on disease will hit us all. December 28, 2014A tax on disease will hit us all.
- All the latest from our London Bootcamp… #shortfilm December 19, 2014All the latest from our London Bootcamp… #shortfilm
What is Translational Global Health?
Translational Global Health facilitates the translation of findings from basic science to practical applications in Global Health practice and, thus, meaningful health outcomes for diverse populations and societies.
Translational Global Health is an independent blog on the PLOS BLOGS Network, focusing on the field, concepts and challenges of Global Health. Dr Alessandro Demaio and his team of regular guest bloggers bring honest, pragmatic discussion – with a special interest in Non-Communicable Disease and Global Health 2.0.
About the Bloggers
Lead Blogger Dr Alessandro Demaio is an Australian Medical Doctor with a Masters in Public Health and a PhD in Global Health. Since 2013, Sandro has been a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Harvard Global Equity Initiative, Harvard Medical School.
Sandro is joined by a sensational team of Guest Bloggers from around the globe.
Global Health & Classical Music, Imperial College London
Research Fellow, Harvard University
Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Dr Duncan Matheka
Medical Doctor & Health Advocate
Dr Fred Hersch
MD & Research Fellow, The George Institute for Global Health
Dr Fiona Lander
Lawyer & MD
Dr Geneviève Bois
Medical Doctor and Anti-Tobacco Spokesperson
Health Economist, PricewaterhouseCoopers London
Dr Jenny Jamieson
MD & Humanitarian Specialist, Médecins Sans Frontières
Dr Jeremy Schwartz
MD at Yale School of Medicine; Yale Equity Research and Innovation Center
Policy Specialist, World Health Organization (Euro)
Dr Kremlin Wickramasinghe
Medical Doctor & Researcher in NCD Epidemiology, University of Oxford
Global Health & Equity Researcher
Global Health and Economics, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the London School of Economics
Director of Global Health Communications, American Cancer Society
Earth Institute Postdoctoral Fellow, Columbia University
Nutritionist & Coordinator, Eminence Bangladesh
Dr Sundeep Kishore, PhD
Chair, Advisory Council, Young Professionals Chronic Disease Network
Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health and Harvard Global Equity Initiative; World Bank Consultant.