- Big Soda's Tactics to Confuse Science and Protect Their Profits August 17, 2015Big Soda's Tactics to Confuse Science and Protect Their Profits: My latest article with Huffington Post.
- Sandro talks on obesity, and the ideological arguments of... July 21, 2015Sandro talks on obesity, and the ideological arguments of personal responsibility versus government intervention.
- Photo June 7, 2015
- Food: A Common Language for the World's Biggest Problems June 2, 2015Food: A Common Language for the World's Biggest Problems
- EATforum 2015 kicks off with the ever incredible Dr Gunhild... June 2, 2015EATforum 2015 kicks off with the ever incredible Dr Gunhild Stordalen - in Stockholm, Sweden. (at Clarion Hotel Sign)
- Three Important Things You Probably Don't Know About Diabetes May 22, 2015Three Important Things You Probably Don't Know About Diabetes
- festival21. like it today. May 19, 2015festival21. like it today.
- Sunrise over Turkmenistan… En route to Istanbul for a... May 12, 2015Sunrise over Turkmenistan… En route to Istanbul for a week with Rotaty building diabetes prevention capacity. (at Istanbul Ataturk Airport (IST))
- Causes of death a mystery for most people because of inaccurate records May 3, 2015Causes of death a mystery for most people because of inaccurate records
- Photo April 24, 2015
- What a team - just some of the faces at our #NCDFREE Long Lunch... April 21, 2015What a team - just some of the faces at our #NCDFREE Long Lunch launch this weekend… #melbourne #food #bigideas (at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre)
- Outbound to Brisvegas… Look forward to meeting the crew... April 21, 2015Outbound to Brisvegas… Look forward to meeting the crew at UQ today! #headingnorth #kangaflight #thisisaustralia #jet #flight #flying (at Melbourne Aiport: QANTAS Domestic: Cityflyer Terminal)
- Photo April 11, 2015
- Copayment or not, why we all must continue to fight for our frontliners April 10, 2015Copayment or not, why we all must continue to fight for our frontliners: Why is it that we should and must be so protective of our primary care system? Is there a bigger lesson to learn from all this?
- Photo April 10, 2015
- Let’s talk prevention… April 10, 2015Let’s talk prevention…
- A taste of our recent Sydney bootcamp in Sydney,... April 10, 2015A taste of our recent Sydney bootcamp in Sydney, Australia…
- Happy World Health Day from Sandro and the NCDFREE team April 10, 2015Happy World Health Day from Sandro and the NCDFREE team
- Latest short film from NCDFREE… March 22, 2015Latest short film from NCDFREE…
- Photo March 3, 2015
- Big Soda's Tactics to Confuse Science and Protect Their Profits August 17, 2015
About this Blog
PLOS Translational Global Health focuses on key knowledge and implementation gaps in Global Health - from latest scientific evidence, to policy and population health impact. Reflecting the dynamic, multi-disciplinary and complex nature of Global Health, bloggers represent a range of professional and geographic backgrounds.
Established as an independent blog in the PLOS network, Translational Global Health has a particular focus on NCDs, development and Global Health 2.0.
Articles are both commissioned and crowdsourced.
About our Bloggers
PLOS Translational Global Health was founded in 2012 by Dr Alessandro Demaio MBBS MPH PhD - an Australian medical doctor and specialist in NCDs; former Harvard Fellow; and founder of NCDFREE and festival21.
In 2015, and with a background in communications and public health, Juliette Wittich joined as Assistant Editor.
PLOS Translational Global Health relies on a team of established bloggers from around the world. Representing a range of specialist areas and the diverse nature of Global Health, writers include:
Global Health & Classical Music, Imperial College London
Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Dr Duncan Matheka
Medical Doctor & Health Advocate
Dr Fred Hersch
MD & Research Fellow, The George Institute for Global Health
Dr Fiona Lander
Lawyer & MD
Dr Geneviève Bois
Medical Doctor and Anti-Tobacco Spokesperson
Health Economist, PricewaterhouseCoopers London
Dr Jenny Jamieson
MD & Humanitarian Specialist, Médecins Sans Frontières
Dr Jeremy Schwartz
MD at Yale School of Medicine; Yale Equity Research and Innovation Center
Policy Technical Officer, World Health Organization (Euro)
Dr Kremlin Wickramasinghe
Medical Doctor & Researcher in NCD Epidemiology, University of Oxford
Global Health & Equity Researcher
Global Health and Economics, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the London School of Economics
Earth Institute Postdoctoral Fellow, Columbia University
Nutritionist & Coordinator, Eminence Bangladesh
Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health and Harvard Global Equity Initiative; World Bank Consultant.
PLOS Translational Global Health welcomes article ideas from leading thinkers in Global Health. To pitch an article, please contact our Assistant Editor, Juliette Wittich, via firstname.lastname@example.org.