Follow TGH on Facebook
Maternal Health: call from PLOS Medicine
Click for more...
- Photo June 18, 2013[…]
- Mongolia film a call to action on non-communicable disease | Connect Asia | ABC Radio Australia June 13, 2013Mongolia film a call to action on non-communicable disease | Connect Asia | ABC Radio Australia: From yurts to skyscrapers, horseback to automobile, Mongolia is at an exciting moment in its history. NCDFREE is interviewed live, on radio ABC Asia. […]
- Mongolia: a nation at a crossroads, with much to look forward to June 12, 2013Mongolia: a nation at a crossroads, with much to look forward to: A few weeks back, at the World Health Assembly, World Bank President Dr Jim Kim said the world is at a crossroads when it comes to health. A defining moment in history, from which our future trajectoryâ¦ […]
- Young change-maker Byamba, talking to a nomadic couple in the... June 11, 2013Young change-maker Byamba, talking to a nomadic couple in the Mongolian countryside… https://www.facebook.com/NCDFREE […]
- An inspiring rural nomadic family, here in... June 10, 2013An inspiring rural nomadic family, here in Mongolia. https://www.facebook.com/NCDFREE […]
- Visiting a rural, nomadic family in Mongolia - and their... June 10, 2013Visiting a rural, nomadic family in Mongolia - and their granddaughter who is training to become a doctor. Inspiring stories! https://www.facebook.com/NCDFREE […]
- Lend your voice and help halt the leading cause of global... May 29, 2013Lend your voice and help halt the leading cause of global deaths… And maybe win a trip to Vienna! […]
- Last week, the World Health Assembly (#WHA66) was held at WHO... May 29, 2013Last week, the World Health Assembly (#WHA66) was held at WHO Headquarters in Geneva… Find our more, and read the newly published declaration! […]
- "We stand at a moment of exceptional possibility. A moment when global health and development goals..." May 23, 2013“We stand at a moment of exceptional possibility. A moment when global health and development goals that long seemed unattainable have moved within our reach. A moment, also, when dangers of unprecedented magnitude threaten the future of humankind. A moment that calls us to shed resignation and routine, to rekindle the ambition that has marked the defining c […]
- Photo April 30, 2013[…]
- Photo June 18, 2013
What is Translational Global Health?
Translational research facilitates the translation of findings from basic science to practical applications in global health practice and, thus, meaningful health outcomes for diverse populations and societies.
Translational Global Health is an independent blog on the PLOS BLOGS Network, focusing on the field, concepts and challenges of global health. Dr Alessandro Demaio and his team of regular guest bloggers bring honest, pragmatic discussion – and the occasional passion-inspired rant – with a special interest in Non-Communicable Disease and Global Health 2.0.
About the Bloggers
Lead Blogger Dr Alessandro Demaio is an Australian M.D. with a Masters in Public Health. In 2010, Sandro began a PhD in Global Health with the University of Copenhagen, focusing on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs). His primary research is based in Mongolia. In 2013 Alessandro is a Global Health Fellow at the Copenhagen School of Global Health and the Harvard Global Equity Initiative at Harvard Medical School; and Co-Founder of NCDFREE.
Sandro is joined by a sensational team of Guest Bloggers from around the globe; specialists in economics, humanitarianism, policy, law, health promotion and more.