- Photo October 24, 2014
- Watch it! #NCDFREE October 22, 2014Watch it! #NCDFREE
- Weighty Matters: Guest Post: Obesity, Cancer, and Mental Health. What Links Them All? October 20, 2014Weighty Matters: Guest Post: Obesity, Cancer, and Mental Health. What Links Them All?
- Photo October 20, 2014
- Photo October 10, 2014
- It's Our Challenge, But We Need Your Face. October 5, 2014It's Our Challenge, But We Need Your Face.
- "Millions of families are pushed into poverty each year when one of their members have become too..." October 4, 2014“Millions of families are pushed into poverty each year when one of their members have become too weak to work. Or when the costs of medicines and treatments overwhelm the family budget. Or when the main breadwinner has to stay home to care for someone else who is sick.” - Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the UN on NCDs.
- Photo October 3, 2014
- Seen our latest campaign? Here’s a short intro… October 3, 2014Seen our latest campaign? Here’s a short intro…
- Photo October 2, 2014
- Something is coming… September 29, 2014Something is coming…
- 7 things you need to know about the Climate Summit - live from New York City September 23, 20147 things you need to know about the Climate Summit - live from New York City: An update from New York - the 2014 Climate Summit today.
- Photo September 23, 2014
- "Rather than justice for all, we are evolving into a system of justice for those who can afford it." September 21, 2014“"Rather than justice for all, we are evolving into a system of justice for those who can afford it."” - Joseph E. Stiglitz
- It’s not me, it’s you - from NCDFREE. September 21, 2014It’s not me, it’s you - from NCDFREE.
- “We can’t match their money, so we have to work in the currency... September 21, 2014“We can’t match their money, so we have to work in the currency of movements — passion, spirit, creativity and bodies”.
- "If countries are serious about combating NCDs, an exponential increase in the scale and scope of..." September 12, 2014“If countries are serious about combating NCDs, an exponential increase in the scale and scope of these measures is needed to incentivize the production, trade, and consumption of healthy food… and to ensure a whole-of-government approach to public health.” - Helen Clark, UNDP
- Photo September 12, 2014
- "It is only by discussing and questioning the inequalities in society - that we will find solutions..." August 29, 2014“It is only by discussing and questioning the inequalities in society - that we will find solutions to overcome them.”
- Social Inequality: is the elephant in the room strangling us all? August 28, 2014Social Inequality: is the elephant in the room strangling us all?: Social, economic inequality is on the rise - and represents a threat to our nation’s fabric.
What is Translational Global Health?
Translational Global Health facilitates the translation of findings from basic science to practical applications in Global Health practice and, thus, meaningful health outcomes for diverse populations and societies.
Translational Global Health is an independent blog on the PLOS BLOGS Network, focusing on the field, concepts and challenges of Global Health. Dr Alessandro Demaio and his team of regular guest bloggers bring honest, pragmatic discussion – with a special interest in Non-Communicable Disease and Global Health 2.0.
About the Bloggers
Lead Blogger Dr Alessandro Demaio is an Australian Medical Doctor with a Masters in Public Health and a PhD in Global Health. Since 2013, Sandro has been a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Harvard Global Equity Initiative, Harvard Medical School and an Assistant Professor at the Copenhagen School of Global Health. He is also Co-Founder of NCDFREE.
Sandro is joined by a sensational team of Guest Bloggers from around the globe.
Global Health & Classical Music, Imperial College London
Research Fellow, Harvard University
Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Dr Duncan Matheka
Medical Doctor & Health Advocate
Dr Fred Hersch
MD & Research Fellow, The George Institute for Global Health
Dr Fiona Lander
Lawyer & MD
Health Economist, PricewaterhouseCoopers London
Dr Jenny Jamieson
MD & Humanitarian Specialist, Médecins Sans Frontières
Dr Jeremy Schwartz
MD at Yale School of Medicine; Yale Equity Research and Innovation Center
Policy Specialist, World Health Organization (Euro)
Dr Kremlin Wickramasinghe
Medical Doctor & Researcher in NCD Epidemiology, University of Oxford
Global Health and Economics, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the London School of Economics
Director of Global Health Communications, American Cancer Society
Global Health and Nutrition Researcher, Menzies Centre for Health Policy, University of Sydney
Nutritionist & Coordinator, Eminence Bangladesh
Dr Sundeep Kishore, PhD
Chair, Advisory Council, Young Professionals Chronic Disease Network
Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health and Harvard Global Equity Initiative; World Bank Consultant.