With a team of regular contributors representing a wide spectrum of emerging global health leaders, lead-blogger Alessandro Demaio looks forward to bringing food for thought and discussion on a diverse range of Global Health topics including: epidemiology, health promotion & policy, social determinants, sustainability, urban design, culture, food policy and systems.
He invites questions and comments from the diverse international community of PLOS BLOGS readers, including requests for posts on specific global health topics.
Over the coming months look for posts from the following knowledge leaders in Global Health:
- Alexandra Abel: Global Health & Classical Music, Imperial College London
- Afsan Bhadelia: Research Fellow, Harvard University
- Dr Fred Hersch: MD & Research Fellow, The George Institute
- Dr Fiona Lander: Lawyer & MD
- Jason Calvert: Health Economist, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Dr Jenny Jamieson: MD & Humanitarian Specialist, Médecins Sans Frontières
- Jo Jewell: Policy Specialist, World Cancer Research Fund
- Rasmus Wibæk: Health Researcher, University of Copenhagen
- Shusmita Khan: Nutritionist & Coordinator, Eminence Bangladesh
- Dr Sundeep Kishore, PhD: Chair, Advisory Council, Young Professionals Chronic Disease Network
Editorial support is provided in-kind by Kyra-Bae Snell – and is greatly appreciated.
Alessandro would also like to thank Prof Ib Bygbjerg for his support and inspiration in the conception of Translational Global Health.