With a team of regular contributors representing a wide spectrum of emerging Global Health leaders, lead-blogger Alessandro Demaio brings food for thought and discussion on a diverse range of Global Health topics including: epidemiology, health promotion & policy, social determinants, sustainability, urban design, culture, food policy and systems.
He invites questions and comments from the international community of PLOS BLOGS readers, including requests for posts on specific global health topics.
Look for posts from the following knowledge leaders in Global Health:
- Alexandra Abel: Global Health & Classical Music, Imperial College London
- Afsan Bhadelia: Research Fellow, Harvard University
- Jason Calvert: Health Economist, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Shauna Downs: Global Health and Nutrition Researcher, Menzies Centre for Health Policy, School of Public Health, University of Sydney
- Dr Fred Hersch: MD & Research Fellow, The George Institute
- Dr Jenny Jamieson: MD & Humanitarian Specialist, Médecins Sans Frontières
- Jo Jewell: Policy Specialist, World Cancer Research Fund
- Dr Fiona Lander: Lawyer & MD
- Rennie Sloan: Director of Global Health Communications, American Cancer Society
- Kremlin Wickramasinghe: Medical Doctor & Researcher in NCD Epidemiology, University of Oxford
- Pooja Yerramilli, Global Health and Economics, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the London School of Economics
- Rasmus Wibæk: Health Researcher, University of Copenhagen
- Shusmita Khan: Nutritionist & Coordinator, Eminence Bangladesh
- Dr Sundeep Kishore, PhD: Chair, Advisory Council, Young Professionals Chronic Disease Network
Editorial support is provided in-kind by Kyra-Bae Snell – and is greatly appreciated.
Alessandro would also like to thank Prof Ib Bygbjerg for his support and inspiration in the conception of Translational Global Health.