This FAQ is for PLOS ONE Academic Editors needing assistance with our submission system. Here are a few of the most common questions we receive:
Reviewing a manuscript
I would like to apply to become a reviewer for PLOS ONE. What is your procedure?
Answer: At this time, we do not have a formal database of reviewers that we use, and so there is no application process. If you are interested in reviewing papers for our journal, please sign up for an account in our system at (http://www.editorialmanager.com/pone/), and be sure to keep your profile current with the most appropriate classifications and personal keywords. Please use the most detailed classifications possible (the lowest order when you click the + signs to expand research areas). This way, when our editors search the database for reviewers in particular subject areas, your name can be found by these terms.
You may also want to look through our list of Academic Editors (http://www.plosone.org/static/edboard.action) to identify the ones who are in your field of research, and send them a brief summary of your expertise as well as your availability as a reviewer.
I am a reviewer. Stop sending me reminder emails! I submitted my review days ago.
Answer: You probably saved a partially complete review. To finish submitting your review, please do as follows:
- Log into your reviewer account athttp://www.editorialmanager.com/pone.
- Click on the “Pending Assignments” link on your home page. This will take you to a new screen.
- Hover over the “Action Links” item on the left-hand side of the screen and select “Submit Recommendation” from the pop-up menu.
- This will take you to the screen containing your comments. Please check your comments to ensure they are correct, and then click on the “Proceed” button at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Next, you will arrive at another new screen. Click on the “Submit Review to Journal Office” button to complete submission.
Academic Editor Tutorials
Can’t find a reviewer in Editorial Manger?Here’s how to register and select a new reviewer to a manuscript.
Going on vacation? Here’s how to set your unavailability dated in Editorial Manager.
Please check back frequently as questions may be updated or revised at any time.