In this edition: video games for animals, lab-grown leather, and how to cook like a futurist.
* Crop circles have nothing on these strange, underwater sand circles.
* Computers (mostly) learn to recognize human sketches of animals, with sometimes hilarious results.
* Could your pet become a gamer?
* The strange deaths of two sisters in Thailand.
* Enslaved ants sabotage their masters.
* Strange sex in the animal kingdom.
* An eagle gets a prosthetic beak.
* A vegetable farm that fits in a parking space.
* Forget Petri dish meat. Bring on the lab-grown leather.
* Even brain cells in a dish need shut eye.
* Killing trees to learn how to save them.
* When sleep turns violent.
* What neuroscience really says about female desire.
* How to cook like a futurist.
* The secret to the world’s shiniest fruit.
* Vindicated! (Sort of).
* Are you too drunk to edit? A test.
Small Wonders: October 8, 2012 by PLOS Blogs Network, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.