Once again, it’s time for the new PLoS Computational Biology t-shirt design to debut at this year’s ISMB meeting and we want you to design it! The deadline for submissions is May 1, 2012.
PLoS Computational Biology is calling on scientists and designers to create another eye-catching t-shirt for 2012. We’d like it to feature a design which appeals to the computational biology community and encapsulates a recent advance or innovation in the field. The creator(s) of the winning design will receive a free t-shirt and, of course, all bragging rights (read about last year’s design contest winner here).
Design Requirements–please review these carefully as they have changed significantly from past years’ requirements.
- Style: Keep your design simple, readable and visible–type at 12pt or larger; lines at 4pt or larger
- Logo: Do NOT include the PLoS Computational Biology logo or name in your design
- Colors: Solid colors only (max. of 4 colors), with no shading
- No Photographs or complex dimensional images
- Maximum size: 12” x 12”
- Resolution: 150 ppi minimum (pixels per inch); must be sharp (fuzzy images will not be accepted)
- No Background: Do not include any background (white or color) behind your image
- Acceptable File Types: Original layered files .psd, .eps, .ai, or .pdf (hi-resolution)
- Your design does not have to originate from a PLoS article. But if it does, then please include a URL to the PLoS article and a brief explanation of your design.
- Please do not submit images that have been published by another publisher.
Please submit your design (and any queries) to ploscompbiol[at]plos.org.
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.