While we regularly post lengthy discussions on Obesity Panacea, there are many research updates, news stories, videos, etc. in the field of obesity, physical activity and nutrition that we come across on a daily basis that never grace the pages of the blog. Most of these mini-stories we share with our followers on Twitter, and we encourage those of you with active Twitter accounts to communicate with us there to get real-time updates of all the stuff we are discussing (Follow Peter and/or Follow Travis). For those of you who shy away from Twitter, enjoy below the best mini-stories that we came across during the prior week along with links to the original source so that you can follow the full story.
- Gut bacteria and obesity (C6-H12-O6)
- Gorillas on a diet (Maclean’s)
- Cool play spaces needed! (Verdant Nation)
- Targeting parents’ diet to tackle childhood obesity (Dr Sharma’s Obesity Notes)
- Hate using a keyboard as much as I do? If only Google Motion weren’t a cruel April Fools joke on us all! (Google)
- Our friends from the bilingual physiology blog Le Physiologiste have started a 2-week guest-stint at Scientopia. Go check them out! (Scientopia)
- Finally, congrats to our friend and colleague Yoni Freedhoff for receiving the Reader’s Digest “Get Healthy” award – well done! (Weighty Matters)
Have a great weekend!
The This Week In Brief: May 27-April 2 by PLOS Blogs Network, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.