This year’s PLOS Computational Biology t-shirt will debut at July’s ISMB/ECCB 2013 meeting in Berlin. To enter the competition, send your design to ploscompbiol[at]plos.org by Tuesday May 14th 2013.
For the fourth year in a row, we’re calling on scientists and designers to send us eye-catching designs that appeal to the computational biology community and encapsulate a recent advance or innovation in the field. The creator(s) of the winning design will receive a free t-shirt and a write-up of their design and research on PLOS Biologue (see this one about the 2010 competition winner), not to mention full bragging rights!
Design Requirements–please review these carefully as they have changed significantly from past years’ requirements.
- Style: Keep your design simple, readable and visible–type at 12pt or larger; lines at 4pt or larger
- Logo: Do not include the PLOS Computational Biology logo or name in your design; this would be added later
- Colors: Solid colors only (max. of 4 colors), with no shading
- No Photographs or complex dimensional images
- Maximum size: 12” x 12” (30cm x 30cm)
- Resolution: 150 ppi minimum (pixels per inch); must be sharp (fuzzy images will not be accepted)
- No Background: Do not include any background (white or color) behind your image
- Acceptable File Types: Original layered files .psd, .eps, .ai, or .pdf (hi-resolution)
- Your design does not have to originate from a PLOS article. But if it does, then please include a URL to the PLOS article and a brief explanation of your design.
- Please do not submit images that have been published by another publisher.
- PLOS will place your design on a t-shirt made specifically for PLOS Computational Biology. PLOS will determine the overall design of the t-shirt with the winning image placed to fit while following the organization’s style guide requirements.
What do you want to see on the front of the 2013 PLOS Computational Biology t-shirt? Please contact us at ploscompbiol[at]plos.org with your designs and any queries. We look forward to hearing from you!